The Hellhole

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FEEEETS!

It’s getting colder at night here in the A-T-L so it’s time for winter footwear. A few years ago I bought two pairs of thick, knitted slippers with faux-fur cuffs to wear while lounging around the house. One pair was solid green, the same colour as The Grinch (meaning the real Grinch, the animated one voiced by Boris Karloff, not that Jim Carrey abomination) and the slippers were reminiscent of his little boots, having the fur trim and such, so I started referring to them as my Grinch Feets. The other pair was multicoloured with light purple fur, so those became my Other Feets, eventually shortened to just “Feets”. That pair wore out last winter and were replaced by another multicoloured pair, this time with pink fur, although the nomenclature remained the same. I’m sure anyone who overheard conversations around The Hellhole would think we were certifiable.

Helly: I need new Feets. These have a hole in the heel.
Alan: We will buy you some more Feets this weekend.

**********

Alan: Where are you going? I was about to start the DVD.
Helly: I’ll be right back. I need to get my Feets.

**********

Helly: Have you seen my FEEETS?!? Where are my Feets???
Alan: Your Grinch Feets or your Other Feets?
Helly: Doesn’t matter; either one. I need Feeeets!
Alan: Your pink Feets are on top of the dryer. Miss Betty washed them.

**********

Shoe shopping a couple of weekends ago, it got even weirder:
Alan: Is that everything you need?
Helly: Pretty much but I still need something to wear in place of the farty shoes.
Alan: I liked the farty shoes. They were cute.
Helly: Yeah, me too.
Alan: Hey, what about Feets? You need new Feets too, remember?
Helly: They don’t have Feets here, I don’t think.
Alan: Well, where did we buy those pink Feets last year?
Helly: Dillard’s. Dillard’s has Feets.
Alan: Okay, well next time we're at Dillard's, we'll get you some Feets.

ETA: here is a photographic illustration with which to illuminate the My Feeets entry. Here we see the Grinch Feets alternating with the Other Feets.

5 Comments:

  • oh, to be a fly on the wall...lol!

    momma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:56 PM  

  • Lol! I want me some cute Feets!

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 3:40 PM  

  • I like your Feets. They look comfy. I have some Disney slipper socks, but I need to get me some new slippers because my Tie Domi Maple Leafs slippers have worn out. :( I loved those slippers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 AM  

  • FEETS would make a great XMAS gift, wouldn't they?!?

    for all your friends and relatives (!)

    momma

    I like your Grinch Feets....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM  

  • Cute!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home