The Hellhole

Monday, November 05, 2007

Today is Guy Fawkes Day, which is my absolute favorite holiday ever. It's my favorite because I don't have to do anything, buy anything, go anywhere, meet other people's expectations or disappoint them by not doing so...all I have to do is build a bonfire if I choose. It's the perfect holiday.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November.
The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
I know of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
To blow up the King and the Parliament;
Three score barrels of powder below
Poor old England to overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring,
Hulloa boys hulloa boys, God Save the King!
A penny loaf to feed the Pope,
A farthing o' cheese to choke him,
A pint of beer to rinse it down,
A faggot of sticks to burn him!
Burn him in a tub of tar,
Burn him like a blazing star.
Burn his body from his head.
Then we'll say old Pope is dead!
Hip, hip, hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home