The Hellhole

Sunday, November 04, 2007

New Shoes

This weekend I had to buy some new shoes. 90% of the time, I am wearing one of four pairs of shoes (though I have more - MANY more), and it seems that all four pairs chose to wear out at the same time. Sadly, my farty shoes were among those to succumb to grievous wear and tear. I had no basis for complaint as the newest among the worn pairs was a year and a half old, and two pairs were about 4 years old, but I kept putting off shopping for replacements. Though shoes are an admitted weakness, I'd rather be reading a book than shopping.

But as we were about to embark on our quest for a new litterbox, Alan mentioned that we needed to go by the shoe store. I made a face and he said, "Honey, you've been saying for two months that you needed new shoes and the time is coming that you're gonna take one more step in the farty shoes and find yourself walking barefoot. And you haven't bought new shoes in AGES." Okay, twist my arm, make me go shoe shopping. Tyrant.

I was delighted to find the exact same shoes (black ballet flats by RocketDog) to replace my favorite falling-apart ones. It hadn't even occurred to me that I'd be able to find those exact ones because that pair was at least four years old - I was wearing those shoes when I met Alan, and they weren't brand-new then - but he spotted them and (even better) they were in the clearance section. We scavenged around and found two pairs in my size so I bought both. I'll put one up until the other pair gives out. I love those shoes.

I also bought some dressier flats and the cute little tennis shoes in the photo. I still need to find a pair of medium-heeled black ankle boots to replace my favorite Sketchers, but everything I saw on this excursion looked dressier than what I had in mind, so I'll get to that later.

3 Comments:

  • LOVE the tennies! Am trying to find black ballet flats for myself.

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 AM  

  • Those are the cutest shoes!! I will have to check out the RocketDog brand. I am also interested in your litter box quest..having 4 sweet kitties does demand a good litter box setup. We are trying our first Litter Maid and like it so far. We got the x-large version. Keep us posted on the ones you look at and what you think about them.

    Lisa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  

  • I like the RocketDog shoes with the skull n' crossbones. They make coolio shoes. I like your shoes too - I hope they make you run fast & jump high! I love my Skechers, although I've missed them during my "afraid to wear anything but Earth Shoes or Crocs, or my back will leave me a whimpering mess" time period.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home