The Hellhole

Friday, November 09, 2007

Alan is working late tonight and I couldn't think of anything we had on hand that I could eat for dinner, so I stopped by the store. I had my potato skins (yay!) with fresh sour cream that doesn't expire until mid-December (see 11/6 and 11/7 for explanation). I added extra crumbled bacon on top, which is necessary not because I am a bacon pig but because I pick most of the bacon off for Sprocket. I do this with pizza too; I always buy sausage or pepperoni, but he gets the meat and I wind up eating cheese pizza.

I also bought stuff to make a tomato-cucumber salad. That seems like more of a summer thing but for some reason I was craving those tastes and I figured, "Why not?". I winged it on this one because the recipe I have makes a whole lot, even halved and shared with the folks and some friends during a cookout. I looked at some others on line but they seemed equally large; Emeril's started with five (5!) beefsteak tomatoes and continued from there. So this time I did a couple of small shallots, tomatoes and cucumbers in olive oil and red wine vinegar with some herbs and spices. It tastes fine to me but I'll let you know if it passes The Alan Test. Even if he doesn't like it, it was High Time I chopped some things. I love chopping things.

Looking forward to the weekend, Hockey Night In Canada tomorrow, and having some lazy time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home