The Hellhole

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Upon reflection, I think my remarks from yesterday about The Simpsons video game were perhaps a bit harsh. I wrote that at the height of my frustration with the camera/blind jumping levels. After a meal break I decided to go back to the game, more out of a dogged determination not to waste $35 than because I was enjoying it; I felt rather stupid doing so because after all, a game is supposed to be fun and if I wasn't having fun, I ought to put it aside and read a book or something.

But I played on, and while what I wrote yesterday remains true, the trademark Simpsons humour began to make up for my frustration, at least to a greater degree than when I wrote the previous post. I'm still getting killed an awful lot because of bad camera angles and I still contend that the game is far more frustrating than it needed to be. I have a lot more patience with games that are challenging because puzzles or bosses are difficult instead of challenging because gameplay is irritating...but to be fair, there are some funny moments. I'll probably continue to play and try to finish the game.

1 Comments:

  • I heart The Simpsons!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home