The Hellhole

Friday, February 27, 2009

Tonight I am reading e-mails, leaving blog comments and, by virtue of this post, blogging from the Mac Mini. This makes me very happy.

The Mac Mini works fine, it always has, but a while ago its wireless mouse quit working, and for some reason I don't quite remember, the wireless mice we already had wouldn't work with it. Then a shorter while ago, its wireless keyboard decided that it would type no more, so no matter how well the Mac Mini worked, no one could actually work upon it. This was important to me, though Alan pretends not to understand and acts like I'm just a typical emotional female, because the Mac Mini LIKES me, but his Mac Book totally freakin' hates me. It does, it just does, you can say all sorts of things about inanimate objects and logic and whatever, but I am telling you, the Mac Book hates me but the Mac Mini does not. On the Mac Book I get beachballed all the time, weird screens pop up without my doing, cubes spin about and take me places I had no wish to go, seemingly without my volition - the Mac Book hates me, it does. But I love the sweet little Mac Mini, so tiny and wee and cute and perfect, and it loves me back - of this I am certain.

So a few days ago, I had a small windfall of money and among other things, I insisted upon buying a new wireless keyboard and mouse for the dear Mac Mini. We technically could have done this without the windfall, it being a matter of less than $120 total, but we are very miserly by nature. We hate spending money on anything, because we might need it for something else later - no matter how much or how little. Still, new computer accessories prevailed and I am back on the Mac Mini, and it lives again, and it loves me UNLIKE THE MAC BOOK OF EVIL - so I am happy. Oh, and I have a large bottle of Absolut - that might be contributing to my happy too. But I think it's mostly the Mac Mini.

1 Comments:

  • Great post! I once had part ownership of a car that hated me. It did all kinds of strange things; made unusual noises, refused to go into reverse, etc but only if I were alone in the car. The other owner never had problems with the car, and when I took it to a friend/mechanic nothing untoward happened. At. All. So I totally agree with your assessment and am mighty glad your loving Mac Mini is back in your life!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home