The Hellhole

Monday, February 16, 2009

Heady from my lottery triumph of Friday the thirteenth, I considered buying a few more tickets for that particular game. I went online to study the odds, noted the fact that none of the top prizes had been claimed yet, talked with Alan and decided to spend $100 on the game. Tickets are $10, so this morning I obtained ten tickets. Four out of ten were winners: I won $20 each on two and on two others I won one additional game ticket.

As far as the two additional tickets, both were winners: one scored me one hundred dollars and the other another free ticket. I haven't exchanged that free ticket yet, so I don't know if it will produce anything. Still, I won back my initial stake, plus $40 and 3 free tickets, and all those chances to win (20 per ticket) were essentially free.

I think what I will do, since I have my initial investment back, is use the $40 winnings to buy four more tickets; it's more chances to win without actually costing us any more money. I'm not spending the food money on the games, nor am I banking on a win to finance our retirement, but I think as long as I don't have to come out-of-pocket with additional funds, I'll keep rolling the winnings into tickets, just to see. Don't get me wrong: sure I'd love to be a lottery millionaire, but it would be great to win any decent-sized chunk so I could pay down on the mortgage, finance a guilt-free trip, or throw into savings.

Or buy more puppehs. Either way.

4 Comments:

  • At least you occasionally win something. Jon and I buy a ticket or two when we're in a state that has the lottery (Alabama not too long ago elected a democrat governor because he promised he'd get the lottery but it was voted down. I think he's in jail now for corruption. I love my adopted state).

    It's fun to dream about what we'd do with a million or two but ultimately the odds are kind of nauseating and we never win doo-doo.

    By Blogger Topcat, at 9:55 AM  

  • Update: my free ticket scored me $30.

    So like I mentioned, I used the $40 winnings from yesterday on four more tickets. One was a dud, one won me $20, one won me a free ticket and...one won me a thousand bucks! SQUEEE!

    By Blogger Helly, at 4:01 PM  

  • $1000!!!! Wow! Congratulations! That's awesome. And thank you for supporting your local pre-K program. You did it for the children.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:25 PM  

  • Of course, Nancy. I was only thinking of THE CHILDREN!

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home