The Hellhole

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Do you buy lottery tickets, if your state has lottery? A very good friend of mine buys a fixed amount once a week, every week, regular as clockwork. Our housekeeper has a lottery fund, kept separate from her other money, from which she buys tickets and redeposits winnings; she eventually built up enough by winning smaller increments to pay cash for her vehicle. I think she bought it used, but still.

I don't buy many lottery tickets or play with any sort of regularity. There is a small convenience store on the ground floor of the next building and if I go in there to buy something I might get a ticket, though not always. On rare occasions I'll stop just for a lottery ticket if I have that urge as I walk past, as I try to follow my intuition. I haven't won the Mega Millions yet, as you may have inferred from my posts. Last Friday, I had the feeling that Friday the 13th would be my lucky lottery day and I couldn't shake this commercial for a scratch-off game from my head, so I bought one of those tickets.

The good news is, I won the lottery.
The bad news is, I won only twenty bucks.

Earlier today, we spent our gambling winnings on two more movie tickets to Coraline in 3-D - third time we've seen it. Yes, it's that great. Alan already bought the soundtrack; he decided not to wait until I strike it rich again.

4 Comments:

  • i buy one.
    computer-generated.
    have never won shit.

    what's coraline?
    (too lazy to click on link...now THAT'S lazy my friend)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

  • Coraline's a young adult novel by Neil Gaiman that was recently made into a movie, released on 9 February 2009. It's filmed in stop-motion 3-D and the visuals are breathtaking. The story was fabulous too, but that may be redundant after writing "by Neil Gaiman". :-)

    By Blogger Helly, at 4:33 PM  

  • I buy them from time to time at the grocery store. I tend to win a little, but not more than 10 bucks. Still it's fun! :) I sometimes get the computer generated quick pick - but never a winner there sadly!

    By Blogger DrL/K, at 11:32 PM  

  • Congrats for winning! YAY!

    I really only play with the tickets my uncle gives me for holidays - xmas and bday, mostly. Usually scratch off. I've won $2 a couple of times, never as much as $20!!! :)

    By Blogger Z, at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home