The Hellhole

Friday, February 20, 2009

Memeage from Phil!

1. Can you cook? Yes. And sometimes I do!
2. What was your dream growing up? Well, there was this one where I arrived at school with no idea of what my schedule was or what classes I should be in, and I wandered around lost and afraid that I'd get in trouble or flunk my classes. Or that one where I'm in a strange hotel with a German Shepherd and we seem to be the only living creatures about...oh, wait, that's not what you're asking, is it? I wanted to be a writer. A paid writer.
3. What talent do you wish you had? I wish I had a pleasant singing voice. I love music and I have a good memory so I know the words to thousands of songs, but I do not sing well at all. AT ALL.
4. Favorite place? The beach. It doesn't matter which beach; any one of several will do.
5. Favorite vegetable? Taters
6. What was the last book you read? Charlatan by Pope Brock. It was pretty fascinating reading, with connections I never expected - somehow a quack pseudo-physician winds up incidentally making The Carter Family into a household name, among other things. Before that, I re-read Watership Down by Richard Adams. I like bunnies.
7. What zodiac sign are you? Virgo
8. Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Three tattoos, no piercings except the usual: one per earlobe.
9. Worst Habit? Oh, that's a hard one. I talk with my hands a lot, that's probably annoying, I drink too much on occasion, I have a nasty temper - none of those except the hands are really "habits", though, are they? If I have to choose just one (and there are so many possibilities!) I guess it's putting bad/difficult decisions off in the hopes that the problem will go away. It won't. It never does. But I still try.
10. Do we know each other outside of lj? I'm on Blogger, not LJ, but yeah, I know Phil IRL through my brother. I've been to hockey games and concerts and restaurants with Phil.
11. What is your favorite sport? Tie: hockey and Formula One racing
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? Well, I'm always sure that everything will go wrong and I try to imagine all the terrible things that might happen so I have a plan in place to address them, which seems sorta negative but overall, I'm a pretty happy person. I think for me the glass just needs topping off; it's neither half empty nor half full. :-)
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? Ideally: pick your brain for new and interesting prog-rock bands, have some autre and totally fascinating conversation. More probable: freak out and beg you to fix the elevator, or call someone who can.
14. Best thing to ever happen to you? Alan.
15. Tell me one weird fact about you: As weird as it seems, this one has me stumped. I'm sure there are weird facts about me - MANY - but nothing springs to mind. Maybe I've lived too long with my quirks for any of them to stand out, or maybe I've found too many kindred spirits. For example, I used to think it was weird that I talked in distinctive voices for the pets, but when I blogged about it LOTS of people (publicly or privately via e-mail) admitted to doing the same.
16. Do you have any pets? Three - Finnovar the bantam panther, Sprocket the Shih-Tzu, and Mister Fusspot the Chihuahua.
17. Do you know how to do the macarena? Hmm, I used to know, a decade or so ago when people did it at clubs and sporting events and stuff...I don't remember all the moves now, however.
18. What time is it where you are now? 0:11. Here's a little quiz for you: who grew up, thanks to her dad, thinking military time was normal and correct, and not understanding all this AM/PM repeating numbers crap her 2nd grade teacher was on about?
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? I thought they were cute but also pointless and kind of annoying, and then I read this little tale by a certain Mr. King, and now they are not just scary, but utterly terrifying.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? Younger. Which translates to cuter.
21. Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? Partner, no question.
22. What color eyes do you have? Green
23. Ever been arrested? Why yes. Yes I have.
24. Bottle or Draft? Bottles are fine. Corona comes in bottles.
25. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it? Pay down debt with most of it - I'm boring. But I'd set aside a grand or two for something fun - a new item I'd been coveting like a PS3 or a trip - something 100% fun. Whenever I get a bonus, that's what I do - mostly responsible but with some set aside specifically for fun.
26. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? Bubble Yum, I guess, though I'm not as particular about the brand as the flavor. I like original bubble-gum flavored bubble gum, not grape or strawberry or watermelon.
27. What 's your favorite bar to hang at? I hardly ever hang at bars anymore. The last one I was in was, mmm, The Celtic Tavern at an after-party for this play my friend Anne directed. Alan doesn't drink alcohol and doesn't like to be around drunk and rowdy folk (and yet he married me - go figure!) so I don't do much bar hanging these days.
28. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes, although it might be more accurate to say I believe in the possibility of ghosts. More things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in Horatio's philosophy, y'know? I've had some weird, inexplicable things happen and it's somehow more comforting to me to imagine that those things are...er, spiritual, I guess - spiritual rather than random.
29. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? Read. Reading while listening to music = even better.
30. Do you swear a lot? Fuck yeah!
31. Biggest pet peeve? Aside from the phrase "close proximity", I dislike snotty rudeness, like when people are rude to waitstaff or store clerks. You're not that important. Really. Trust me on this.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Whimsical.
33. Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? I reposted it - obviously - but like other memes I post, no one is tagged or obligated. I'm interested to see responses as always, and will read avidly, but no pressure.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home