The Hellhole

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The other night, I woke myself up laughing. Remember the guy from the Crazy Indian Video? A guy whom I can't help but think of as Benny Lava, though I know that's not his name.

I dreamed that I was at a school, to which I'd come in order to recruit a couple of students to do some odd jobs around my house. Don't ask me why I'd gone to a school for this purpose instead of Googling for a local handyman; it's my dream and it doesn't have to make sense. Which is a good thing, because the school was beside this big river and to get there you had to swim part of the way and row part of the way. There was some typical dream stuff going on, like getting lost in the labyrinthine corridors of the school, and having to race up and down stairs to avoid a mean janitor. Eventually I was outside in a kind of sports field near the riverbank, talking to some guys about who might be interested in working for me. All at once, on the far bank, Benny Lava leapt by! He was doing the same leap/dance as he does in the video at the point where it goes, "A jetpack! Operation!" It was just so ridiculous that I burst out laughing, in reality as well as in the dream. I literally woke myself up because I was shaking with laughter. Then I had to try to suppress the laughter because I didn't want to wake Alan, because I didn't want to try to explain what was so danged funny at four a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home