The Hellhole

Friday, December 28, 2007

I hope you all got everything that you wanted for Christmas! I got a lot of great stuff: books, bookstore gift cards, iTunes gift cards, Best Buy gift cards, jewelry from my wonderful husband that he chose All By Himself, clothes, other assorted goodies. One of the funniest presents was from my brother-in-law; I always tease him about how he thinks Jessica Simpson is SOOO hot, joking about how she may be hot but she's dumb. Well, he got me a Jessica Simpson purse! He bought it 'cause of her brand name, but actually it is a very cool purse, silvery-gray, not too big/not too small, nifty buckle accents - I switched to it right away. I guess the joke's on me since I quite like it.

I also got, courtesy of The Husband, Guitar Hero III, which is why I'm blogging. Got a cramp in my gamin' hand, I did.

I felt kinda bad because Alan didn't get any surprises this year. He knew everything I was giving him, but it's hard for me because, for example, two shirts that seem completely identical to me, and I see zero difference - well, one will be his favorite and one he will never wear, and he has very definite reasons as to why, so lots of times I don't know unless I ask. He got some button-down shirts and some Henleys; his big gift was this cool Omega watch which has a clear face, so when you look at it you can see all the wee little cogs and gears and mechanisms, and see 'em move. It has a bezel so it's easy to tell the time, too, but I thought he'd like seeing all the inner workings. It's a guts watch. Titanium guts.

To be fair, though, I guess I'm like that to him. Confronted with two sweaters that to him seem pretty much alike, it's hard for me to explain why I like one but don't like the other. With regard to jewelry, I'd say that I like delicate, fussy things better than plain things or big solid things. The more filigree, the better - but then one of my favorite bracelets that I wear a lot is a plain gold bangle with no stuffs, no engraving, no stones...and I love it. I have a couple of big clunky pieces that I quite like, as well. Hmm. I know my taste, but it's hard to articulate it. I suppose I know what I like when I see it.

Oh, and in case you were wondering: I got totally pwned by Tom Morello in the 1st boss battle in Guitar Hero III. So it seems the lead guitarist for Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave is better than me - who knew???

3 Comments:

  • Are you going to post pictures of the jewelry? I think my taste is similar to yours, and with a lot of exceptions to the rule.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 10:48 AM  

  • And I think I'm kind of the opposite. I like plain non-fussy pieces, like everything at Teno.com - am I correct, those are the things you don't like?

    On the other hand, it's really easy to know why I like one shirt/sweater and not another. Put a cartoon character on it or make it soft (like t-shirt sheets) or make it extra roomy or make it a sweatshirt, and I'm happy...or make it out of candy and I'm happy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:29 AM  

  • Yes, Flippy, you got it - not that I dislike them so much as those are exactly the style of items I would never choose for myself.

    Nancy, here you are - a photo of my new jewelry, taken by Alan.

    http://flickr.com/photos/alanbowman/2147227643

    By Blogger Helly, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home