The Hellhole

Saturday, March 12, 2005

For days now, I've been trying to comment on Nancy's blog where she's posted pictures of fine-lookin' Anthony in his bad-ass bomber jacket. See, *I* gave him that bomber jacket. How cool an honorary auntie am I??? Not cool enough, apparently, because Blogger is being strange regarding comments. Based on what I've heard, though, I'm not the only one singled out for maltreatment.

As a follow-up to yesterday, I was watching CNN coverage of the manhunt when there on television, I saw one of my nearest&dearest friends! In a couple of film loops CNN is showing coverage of cops bustling about doing cop things, and striding importantly about in two separate shots is my buddy "KevSith" (he does lots of undercover work so I don't want to 'out' him). It was sorta surreal to see somebody I'd had lunch with only a couple of weekends ago on frickin' CNN during the coverage of a hunt for an armed and dangerous murderer. I mean, I've always known what he did for a living; it was just uncanny seeing someone I talk to, e-mail, hang with, dine with, see on major holidays, etc. stomping around a crime scene.

And speaking of...thanks soooooo much to everybody who bothered to wonder if I was okay, if I was scared, how (or if) I managed to get out of downtown - alone, female, unarmed, driving a flashy sports car, while a carjacking murderer was running around loose two blocks away, desperate to escape. I really appreciate your concern. All both of you.

2 Comments:

  • Bad Anthony is super cool and super lucky to have you for his Auntie.

    It is quite an odd feeling - I am acquainted with Kev, and spotted him at the scene; I also spotted our EMT friend. She's been an EMT as long as I've known her, and I KNOW what she does, just as I KNOW what Kev does, but Helly is right. Seeing on screen, live, is somehow different from just 'knowing'.

    I reckon mothers don't count as 'worried friends'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • When she says, "I already have one" she means she has a Rolex, not a knockoff replica. Or a Val Kilmer (at least I don't think she has a Val Kilmer....)

    MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home