The Hellhole

Monday, February 28, 2005

This weekend was the first in a long, long while (since before the holidays, I think) that I didn't have social obligations and/or something major scheduled. Saturday was nearly perfect; I lazed around, did some gaming (Devil May Cry, FFX-2, Xenosaga) and generally tried to recover from a middling-stressful work week. I barely even got dressed, meaning I made it from my nightgown into sweats, but not into "leaving-the-house" clothes.

Sunday wasn't as lovely because there was (ugh) shopping to be done, of the sort involving the mall. But Alan needed new clothes, including some dressier work threads for the big user's meeting coming up. Which leads me to the bombshell of the century. Alan's not real tall so his pants needed hemming - EXTREME hemming. Now that he lives with me, he's not near the nice Asian lady's dry cleaners, where he got tailoring done before. So yesterday afternoon, I HEMMED HIS PANTS. If that doesn't demonstrate love and devotion, much as his attending a hockey game did for me, I don't know what does. My mom will attest that I don't even bother hemming my OWN garments. In the unlikely event that I need something hemmed, I use masking tape until I can get it to her. Some items have made it all the way from store, through wearing and on to Goodwill with their masking-tape hem. But no way was I doing that with Alan's new pants - masking tape was not good enough for my sweetie, oh NO! Heh. I used Stitch-Witchery.

By the way - we lunched at Frontera again on Sunday but I didn't see Serial Killer Guy. He was home putting his trophies in formaldehyde, probably.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

4 Comments:

  • Masking tape - what a great idea!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 2:33 PM  

  • OMG! You actually hemmed his pants! It MUST be love, ya'll! She's telling the truth - hemming, mending, and altering is brought to Mamma and in the meantime, masking tape, pins, etc. serve.

    Lord, this is just like when you and Nancy were in high school - whatever one of you thought up, the other went along with, thinking it was 'a great idea'! But Nancy, this really does work for a time. Unless you're Helly, in which case it works almost, like, forever. Sometimes.

    heh

    mamma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

  • I suppose pointing out that duct tape works even better, lasting through washing after washing, so long as one takes care to cut it into a straight strip of not more than 3/4 inch wide so as not to cause the garment to hang untidily, might get me disowned...

    By Blogger Helly, at 3:19 PM  

  • HELLY! DUCT TAPE?!?! On your CLOTHES? Have mercy. We all know duct tape is a famous cure-all fixit tool, but clothes? Your grandmamma would have a hissy! It took me two years to convince her it was ok for you to use Stitch Witchery.....

    big huge sigh

    mamma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home