The Hellhole

Thursday, October 07, 2004

I don’t have much in the way of updates, particularly not humourous ones, but I figured a post was in order to prove I am still alive.

Alan cooked me a lovely dinner Tuesday night, which has been the only bright spot in this suckbuddy week. He made sauteéd chicken breasts with tomatoes, portobello mushrooms, onions and garlic over angel-hair pasta - extreme yummers. He also bought a scented candle (lilac) which was great. I love candles.

I hate dealing with home repairs, because I’m always sure I’m being ripped off, so right now I’m pretending no problem exists and not doing anything about it. I’m able to bathe, brush my teeth and flush the toilets, so there’s no immediate problem. I can go a long, long, LONG time without doing laundry. I have LOTS of underpants.

I am still very tired and worn out, but every night there is so much stuff to be dealt with that I can’t get to bed early enough for sufficient sleep. Getting up at FIVE am on Wednesday to be in Gainesville for a 9:00 AM meeting really helped a lot in that regard. NOT. I did enjoy seeing my Gainesville co-workers, even at such an ungodsly hour, and had a very pleasant lunch with one of them so that was fun. Of course, much of that fun was totally negated by the hellish drive back to my office, which involved not only several backups on the downtown connector but also Braves playoff traffic once I got near my exit. Yay.

Work is sucking extreme donkey balls at the moment. No fault of the World’s Greatest Boss, but this one issue keeps dragging on and reappearing. I am heartily sick of it. How long have I been whining now about needing a break from this place? Still haven't had one, still need it.

Unable even to muster enthusiasm for my usual closing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home