The Hellhole

Monday, September 27, 2004

The first F-1 race ever in China resulted in a pretty red car on the top step of the podium, but it belonged to Rubens Barrichello. Jenson Button had a great drive for 2nd and McLaren took 3rd via Kimi. I absolutely loved this track! Innovative styling (unlike the totally sterile Bahrain circuit), great twists and turns including an exciting banked turn, a thrilling long straight, very wide circuit with many passing opportunities, exquisite landscaping and first-class facilities made this a welcome, distinctive addition to the sport. I’m glad to FINALLY see a track added to the calendar that has some character; I can actually identify portions of the track instead of looking at a photo, shrugging and saying, "Hmm, could be anywhere," like the Hungaroring, Bahrain and (oh, thou bore of my existence) Magny-Cours. Jacky Vee, the race driver I vilified most prior to his long-overdue departure from the sport, made a triumphant return and, much to this writer’s astonishment, actually managed to finish the race without destroying his car. Eleventh place - woo-hoo, Jacques! So glad to see you back in your usual form after a whole year off. I smell a DNF coming, if not at Suzuka, at least at Interlagos.

So far, I’ve enjoyed a Lurchless Monday. I wore a magic amulet to work that I have deemed "the lurchaway". I’ll let you guys know if it continues with measurable efficacy.

Regardless of how you feel about smoking, you’ve gotta admire his chutzpah.

Sunday during some errand-running, I picked up the new Rush CD, Feedback. Despite an advanced degree or two from accredited universities, I have no superlatives to describe adequately how thaumaturgically, prodigiously amazing this CD is. Their version of one of my favorite Who songs, "The Seeker" is just...oh. my. gods. Geddy Lee pwns you all. Excuse me, I seem to have experienced a wardrobe malfunction...

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home