The Hellhole

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Grumpy this morning...man, I HATE rainy-day commutes. There are two types of drivers in Atlanta: those who believe a downpour offers no detriment to visibility, wet pavement has no impact on braking and therefore drive 80 - 85 mph, and those who see one raindrop, conclude that extreme safety measures must be implemented and drive 25 mph down the expressway with their emergency flashers going. You out-of-towners think I’m kidding. While I am willing to admit that it is possible, at least theoretically, for there to be yet a third type of driver (sensible folk like me who behave rationally and know how to drive), these, if they do in fact exist, are sprinkled so sparsely among the dumbasses as to be unnoticeable. Or, as Cheryl says, “Atlanta is full of instant idiots - just add water.”

NHL’s collective bargaining agreement has now expired and the owners are imposing a lock-out. This means no hockey in the near future and could spell the end of the entire season. What am I supposed to DO all winter, once F-1 is over?!? To make matters worse, I checked my usual news sites and am met with the news that Johnny Ramone has died. To quote my wonderful boyfriend, “Three Ramones down, and yet all the New Kids still live. Where is the justice?” Where, indeed.

Enough with the negativity - at least we live in a world where we can by-damn look at Klingon boobs! I’d say ‘not safe for work’ but that rather depends on where you work, doesn’t it? Because I’ll probably get promoted for finding this...

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • After driving to work (7 minutes normally)behind an older model Ford going maybe 20 mph, and meeting an 18-wheeler doing probably 70, I 'feel your pain'. It only took me 10 minutes (3 extra) but it felt like half an hour! Those big trucks really scare me, going so fast in the rain. Yeah, I know 70 isn't reall 'fast', but it seems like it!
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home