The Hellhole

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Big news! I'm moving! I'm moving! I'm moving! It's not what you think, me just bandwagonning because all my friends are getting new houses - no, this is really big, it's really important! Back on September 24, I regaled you with tales of Stupid Addresses and my personal favorite of the local bad-70s subdivisions, THE PONDEROSA! Well, there is a house available there right now, so I'm saying goodbye to Redneckville and moving to The Ponderosa. Scroll down to the interior pictures and behold: although they have replaced the kitchen Formica with what appears to be Corian (bastards), they still have the original bad-70s panelling up in the den! And in the obligatory basement rec room (which is complete with out-of-tune piano - yeah, I know from a photo that it's out-of-tune. Some things you can tell just by looking). Could my joy be any greater? Please, gods, let it be on Lil Joe Lane. Please.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

3 Comments:

  • I hate to bring you down with this dose of reality, but Lil Joe Lane or not, I didn't see any DEER HEADS nailed onto that panelling. Would you pay that kind of money and forgo dead animal art?? Also, the room with the piano looks too much like a church Fellowship Hall.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:05 AM  

  • Don't worry too much about Nancy's comments (even though she is right). I found a source for fake dead animals for the wall - deer, elk, wild boar(!) and others -hand carved wooden fake dead animals. And by the time you put your bar, pool table, and beer signs in the basement...why, it won't look like a church Fellowship Hall any more!
    *snark*
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 PM  

  • It DOES look like a fellowship hall, doesn't it? Scary...

    By Blogger Helly, at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home