The Hellhole

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Cheating today by posting other people's writing...

My mom e-mails: Please tell Sprocket Rocket Hero Pup that his grandmother loves him even if he did get scalped. Alan, how could you treat a puppy that way?!?!

And Alan responds: In my defense - She made me do it!!!! She said that she was going to scalp someone, and it was either Sprocket or me (the Finn was hiding, and nowhere to be found until the scalping started - then he showed up to smirk). Since I've got the opposable thumbs, it was a bad day for Sprocket. He seemed to recover somewhat later in the day, though. We were playing with a squeaky toy for quite a while, and I fed them Sunday - so I think all was forgiven. I kept telling him that he was a "lean mean Shih-tzu machine", but he wasn't having any of it.

And mom ponders the mystery of the ear-splitting-shriek-emitting children: You know, I have always been puzzled about the shrieking rugrats. As you will recall, I had two of rugrats myownself (you and your brother). Neither one of you EVER did that EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thing, and I was and will be eternally grateful. Thank you! Both of you! I was puzzled, though. WHY do some kids do that and some kids NEVER do that? I mean, if either one of you had ever done it once, I would have beaten you...I mean, I would have punished you lightly so as to assure the world and myself you would never do it again. So, once would have been all. But you never did - not once, neither of you. You both had playmates who did the shrieking thingy. It's not like you were never around it, so you didn't even know about it. Then, I had this acquaintance who had one child who was never in day care, preschool, or allowed to interact at all with other rugrats, and this kid was the 'shriekingest' rugrat I was EVER around. One of those things to ponder upon.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home