The Hellhole

Monday, August 16, 2004

I had a GREAT weekend. Friday night I made dinner and Alan came over. He’s not hospitalized with food poisoning, so I guess it went well...his favorite meat is pork, which although I don’t hate it, is usually my fourth or fifth choice so I’m not too familiar with what cuts to buy or how to cook it. With my mom to advise me, however, I managed to make a roast pork loin rubbed with onion, garlic and other spices. It came out very tender, not dry, not raw and not trichonosis-laden, so it was quite the culinary triumph for me. Along with that we had corn-on-the-cob and oven-roasted potatoes cooked with rosemary. Alan brought rolls and mocha cheesecake for dessert - yum!

Saturday we ran a couple of minor errands and then headed to Athens for Anthony’s birthday party. Man, for a one-year-old, that Anthony sure throws a good bash. I met some good friends of Mark & Nancy’s that as it turns out also live in Rockdale County, though at an opposite corner of it from me. I also got to chat with Lachele some, which was fun. I’m trying to set Sprocket up with Lachele’s Shu. He hasn’t had a girlfriend since Daisy, and that wasn't serious - it was one of those summer-vacation flings at the doggy resort but she quit seeing him once her parents got back from Europe. Then again, maybe it wasn’t Daisy’s fault; perhaps her parents didn’t approve of a mixed marriage (she’s a Pomeranian). Anyway, he hopes to make Shu’s acquaintance one day soon.

I hope Shu doesn't mind a bald guy. Sprocket's not bald yet and still looks extraordinarily cute, but I think he must be going bald because of all the dog hair on the carpet. This weekend, every time I sat down on the couch, I saw a big clump of fur somewhere, which of course I had to get up right away, pick it up and throw it away or I couldn't relax. You'd think with all that up-and-down, I'd have better tone in my thighs - but NOOOO. I'm not going to keep disposing of the fur, though - I'm going to make Alan a facsimile pet so he doesn't miss Sprocket and The Finn when he's at his apartment. Based on the amount of fur I pick off the floor on a daily basis, I should have enough for an entire spare pet by, oh, say Thursday.

Sunday was a fabulous, glorious day for the tifosi! With four races yet to go in the 2004 Formula One season, Ferrari clinched the constructor’s title for the SIXTH year running! FORZA FERRARI!!!! I could almost hear the church bells ringing in Maranello, even in Conyers. Lots of people on the internet and in the media feel that Ferrari’s dominance is making the sport too boring, but I say it was a long damn wait since 1979 and Jody Scheckter - and only four years shorter between constructors’ titles (even though neither Arnoux nor Tambay won a drivers’ title). The point is, I fully intend to revel in this for as long as it lasts, and gloat about each victory without reservation. I don’t remember these same people whining about McLaren dominance in the late 80s, early 90s. (No, they just whined about Senna dominance, BWHAHAHAHAHA!) Anyway, sooner or later, another team will emerge and enjoy a successful run but for now, FORZA FERRARI!!!

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • FORZA FERRARI! There is absolutely NOTHING boring about Ferrari's dominance. It's great, kewl, wonderful, fun and the best thing ever. Simply the best....simply Schumi and FORZA FERRARI!

    MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

    So says Helly's mom!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home