The Hellhole

Monday, July 26, 2004

Hmm...I had a good weekend (Alan came over) but I’m feeling pretty odd this morning. What IS this? Oh, yeah - happiness. Now I remember...yeah, that’s it, I’m happy. Oh, okay, that makes sense - Alan came over.

I saw on their blogs that a couple of people have already taken the "Which Annoying B-List Celebrity Are You?" quiz. Apparently I’m Regis Philbin. Is that their final answer?

You are: Smile smile laugh smile grin laugh smile Regis Philbin!

Grin laugh witty banter grin laugh Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Grin smirk serious serious serious is that your final answer? Serious grin laugh witty banter grin laugh stare.

Grin smirt sneer serious serious serious you've won $100! Smile smile smile serious serious tense tense eye-glint grin smile serious serious grin smirk grin grin grin smiiiiile grin grin.

Grin grin smile grin.

Hey, he went to Notre Dame so that makes it okay by me.

This weekend I destroyed my semi-new carpet shampooer, so I have to go buy ANOTHER one. I don’t really know what I did, but when I was pushing it down the hall en route to a Sprock-spot in the study, it suddenly emitted this awful burny smell, and now it doesn’t work. Sigh. I had barely gotten the previous carpet shampooer paid off the credit card.
Saturday night I made dinner and Alan came over. I made chicken in cream sauce with mushrooms, artichokes and onions over egg noodles. Sound good? Well, it might have been except for the minor drawback that Alan HATES artichokes. He ate around them and said nice things, proving that he’s well-mannered - but I knew that he was polite already. I just didn’t know about the artichoke thing. He brought me a gift: a Spongebob Squarepants night light! That made me happy. It’s plugged in on the left side of my bed, beside the Roman bench where Sing-N-Snore Ernie sits. Yes, I know I’m very immature for my age.

Sunday morning brought the race at Hockenheim, won by His Supreme Swiftness Michael Schumacher - FORZA FERRARI! Jenson Button turned in a masterful performance for second and Alonzo did great despite some issues with debris, winding up on the podium in third. Kimi was doing great and taking it to Michael when suddenly his rear wing decided to part company with his car. He threw a pretty good tantrum afterward, though - 9/10 on the steering-wheel fling.  Sadly, Chubbs Montoya finished the race, and in the points.

One thing I like a lot about Michael Schumacher is that he is still so enthusiastic and happy to win; it’s not like he’s blase or ‘yeah, another Sunday, another win, another trophy, that’s about what I expected’. He was so joyous, pumping his fists in victory and jumping about four feet in the air when he took the podium. I couldn’t help but be happy for him - I mean, I wanted a Ferrari victory anyway, but seeing him so thrilled to get it was a pleasure by itself. Speaking of pleasures, did I mention Alan came over? He watched the race with me and already, he knows all he needs to know about Formula One: Yay, pretty red cars!

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • Actually, I think Kimi gets a 10 on the wheel pitch AND a 9 on the tantrum. (I've seen better from him but it's been a while).

    Only my daughter would have a classic, upholstered Roman bench in her bedroom, upon which sits a Sing'n'Snore Ernie, and yes, I bought the Ernie for her. Or Santa Claus brought it.

    so says helly's mom...montoya delenda est!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home