The Hellhole

Friday, July 23, 2004

Today I am glowing with pride after being anointed with Lachele’s Domestic Goddess of the Month award, in recognition of my cheese-grating prowess. Wait until she hears about Saturday night, when I will actually be turning on the oven and cooking something! I may even peel a tomato.

I’m sorry, Daddy, but I will never look at you behind the wheel of your macho Dodge Ram in quite the same way again.

This weekend is the German Grand Prix, to which I’m looking forward for two reasons. One, it’s Formula One racing; two, Alan has agreed to watch the race with me. I don’t think it’s the most ideal track for a neophyte because, quite frankly, it’s another circuit where every retooling stripped more and more of its character away. Case in point, there’s now a chicane in front of the Ostkurve and the Senna curve (named after my idol) is only a curve in the most basic, geometric definition of the word; really, it’s more of a wobbly line. Still, Ferrari is on top of the practice time sheets, by a mere 4/100ths of a second over McLaren Mercedes, so perhaps it will turn out to be an interesting qualifying/race. This race typically has a lot of attrition (just ask poor Alain Prost) so we’ll see. FORZA FERRARI!

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!


1 Comments:

  • MONTOYA DELENDA EST!
    According to the F1 website and a quoted interview, Pudge has conceded the year's championship to the incomparable Mr. Schumacher. Of course, he has to qualify his statment, but still....
    "We are the Champions"

    helly's mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home