The Hellhole

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I voted today. I’m quite conservative politically and I generally vote Republican, although it would be nice to be a Libertarian. I like Libertarianism as a philosophy - I think it’s a great idea, except that it has this one flaw: it will never work. The basic problem with Libertarianism is this: it presupposes a far greater degree of intelligence about a far greater percentage of the population than exists in reality. For example, human sexuality: it would be great if we didn’t have laws dictating what people can and cannot do sexually. However, if there weren’t laws against it, dumbasses would be out there having relations with goats, buggering their three-year-old nephews and impregnating their teenage daughters. OK, some dumbasses are out doing this anyway, but if there weren’t laws against it, we’d have no means by which to punish them for it, and I have a problem with toddler-buggering and goat rape (especially if it’s my goat) but I digress.

My primary motivation (that’s a pun - get it?) for voting is bitching rights. I feel that you have no right to gripe and complain about the state of things if you don’t even bother to vote. Plus, yet another reason why it’s great to live in a hick redneck town: we get treats when we go to vote! My official polling place is Rockdale Baptist Church (don’t ask me how that fits with the whole ‘separation of church and state’ thing - I have no clue) but anyway, they had free coffee, doughnuts and homemade biscuits for us. I didn’t drink any coffee; I’m not much of a coffee drinker anyway, and I sure don’t want any when it’s eighty degrees outside, but I had a biscuit with butter. Mmmm...buttered biscuits. I bet nobody in Fulton County got treats - and if they did, they’d raise taxes to recoup $62 per biscuit (you out-of-towners think I'm kidding). Yay, Hicksville!

Hmmm...I just spoke with Sheila, who also voted this morning, and her response ("Go away Helly, I hate you") leads me to surmise that perhaps they DIDN’T offer hot buttered biscuits in Fulton County.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home