The Hellhole

Thursday, April 01, 2004

My mom just reminded me that I left something very important out of yesterday's blog with regard to "Kung Fu Fighting". I have a dancing hamster who twirls nunchakus and sings "Kung Fu Fighting" in his wee little hamster voice. Here, I will activate him. Too bad you can't hear him. By the way, his name is Bruce (three guesses why).

Dancing hamsters were a prominent focus of my Christmas gift purchases a couple of years ago. Bo got Jacques the hockey hamster who sings "Ice Ice Baby", my cousin Aaron got Disco Don who shakes his groove thang and Mom got a girl hamster with a briefcase who "Works Hard For the Money", which oddly enough I don't see anywhere on their site, but I know she exists - she lives on the bottom shelf of a curio cabinet in Mom's living room. I'd have bought my dad the army sergeant hamster if I'd known he existed before now (the hamster, not my dad).

There was a funny extra about the hockey hamster: there was this big white circle with red lettering "WARNING" on the box. At first glance, I assumed this to be the typical "keep fingers away from moving parts" or "small objects may present a choking hazard to children" but what it really said was (paraphrasing) "Do not allow your hamster on the ice without helmet and protective equipment".

And in case anyone is wondering, MOM, hell yeah I want the leprechaun hamster. He sings "Come On Eileen" which incidentally was another one-hit wonder (Dexy's Midnight Runners).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home