The Hellhole

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Last night I went shopping with my mom at Kohl’s - she bought me three new outfits and two new pairs of shoes, plus some candles and jewelry. W00T! Now, if Atlanta would only get warm enough for me to wear any of my new togs, I’d be happy. I like Kohl’s, pretty much, but their pricing system sorta irritates me. Nothing ever rings up as marked, even if you deduct the posted discount(s) from the tag price. On the bright side, it generally rings up less than I calculated, but I’m the sort of person who wants to know what the price really IS. Many times, my decision to buy or not to buy is finalized by price: I probably don’t need it as bad if it’s $75 but, boy, it’s way total cute if it’s $19.

After we had dinner at On the Border, I went home and enjoyed a lovely green-tea-and-chamomile bubble bath. I eschewed my normal bubble bath glass of wine, however, because Mom and I had a chambord margarita each at the restaurant and it’s important to maintain a certain level of non-drunkenness, particularly when one lives alone. Otherwise, you wake up to an amazingly untidy house with dogs nuzzling you in parts that were far better left un-nuzzled. Or so I hear.

Speaking of dogs, today is my beloved Sprocket’s Happy Birthday! He is six years old. I’ve extended our family tradition of birthday dinner rules to my pets: on your birthday, you pick the menu and decide whether Mom fixes it, or choose the restaurant to which you want to go - no one else gets a vote, no argument, no opinion matters but yours on your birthday (a rule which I wholeheartedly support). Finnovar usually chooses salmon for his birthday dinner but unfortunately I let the boys read my blog. Sprocket read back a few days and is insisting upon having a haggis for his birthday dinner. He’s a very bloodthirsty little guy and anything gross greatly appeals to him. I was going to do it but apparently you can’t import a real haggis anymore as the U.S. Government, in its infinite wisdom, has declared sheep lungs unfit for human consumption. I now have a dog running around declaring that non-human consumption doesn’t apply to him and he’s being suppressed by fascists. He’s going to assert his rights to eat haggis and if that means he has to bite twenty, thirty government officials, he’s prepared to do just that. It is not an idle threat; Shih-Tzu bites can be very serious and have even been known to break the skin. What do you want to bet he asks for a Che Guevara poster for his birthday present?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home