The Hellhole

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

On Sunday the husband was taking a nap so I decided to read the newspaper. There on the cover of the "Parade" section of the AJC was none other than Guy Fieri, one of my favorite Food Network chefs to poke fun at. Always up for some infantile humor, I drew horns and a devil-tail on him. Then, I replaced the section and restacked the newspaper neatly so that it appeared undisturbed. I couldn't wait for Alan to innocently open the "Parade" section, see my handiwork and explode with laughter. I was hoping maybe for some Pelligrino up the nose.






















Nothing happened. Nothing at all. He perused the newspaper, he read "Parade" - the puppies and I were beside ourselves, willing him to notice how tres amusing we were, and...nothing.

Finally, I wailed, "I'm being funny and you didn't even notice!" Even after having the "Parade" cover pointed out to him, he looked blankly back at me. Still nothing. I finally had to point out very specifically what alterations I had made to the publication.

Alan claims that his not noticing makes it even funnier, because, "What does that say about how much of a douchebag Fieri is, that I totally found that picture believeable? He wears sunglasses on the back of his fat neck and cooks with knives with flame-handles; it never occurred to me that it was at all out of the ordinary for him to accessorize his stupid blowtorch with devil-horns!"

Hmpf.

1 Comments:

  • Alan - you totally ROCK and are SOOOOOO right! I totally believe.....

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home