The Hellhole

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This Could Only Happen To Me

So today one of our new clients is supposed to drop off a payment. I've spoken to her a couple of times on the phone and she sounds like a nice, completely normal person. She called today when she neared the office because I was going to come downstairs to meet her and grab the check, so she wouldn't have to pay to park or go through building security. She tells me what kind of car she drives, I reply with a brief description of me and my clothes.

I go outside and as I approach the car, see that she looks like a nice, completely normal person. Until I get close enough to see inside the car, shake her hand, etc. and see what I cannot now unsee.

Girlfriend is not wearing any pants.

I repeat, Girlfriend is not wearing any pants.

This is worse than you think because she's not wearing a skirt or shorts, either. She has on a nice, normal scoop-necked blouse and black panties. They were Granny-panties so they covered everything; it's not like I had to see her hoo-ha, but OMG. Girlfriend got in her car and drove to an albeit brief business meeting sans pants. Not even any pants on the ground. I returned to my office and e-mailed The Boss, "You TOTALLY do not pay me enough money".

In relating this story to my husband, he offered up the possibility that it was a bathing suit bottom. That is marginally better, so that is what I'm choosing to believe, but still - who DOES that?!? Who decides it's okay to wear bathing trunks to meet a business associate?!? I've been writing this a lot lately, but my flabber was ghasted.

6 Comments:

  • People are crazy

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 8:26 AM  

  • I cannot think of any possible explanation for this one. Truly puzzling... not it a good way.

    Afton

    P.S. Alzheimer's?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

  • I don't think Alzheimer's, Afton - she was pretty young, I would think late twenties/early thirties.

    By Blogger Helly, at 12:39 PM  

  • And I assume you were much too polite to exclaim, "I can see your underwear!" in a taunting singsong voice.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 6:36 PM  

  • I thought of Anthony and his taunting the moment I emerged from my state of shock. It was so surreal!

    By Blogger Helly, at 7:18 PM  

  • People come to college classes in their pajamas--on purpose. Hard to believe someone would be so casual for a business meeting, though.

    Of course, I've interviewed folks for our doctoral program who were dressed as if they were going to a strip club (to work). So...anything is possible.

    By Blogger basil, at 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home