The Hellhole

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A happy pet (not mine) story

The other Monday when I hitched a ride to work with Anne, she mentioned wanting to come by for some puppeh loves; she's currently petless but mine are happy to substitute whenever possible - particularly Esme. I said she should get herself a Chihuahua; she replied that she'd already decided that when things in her life settle down a bit, she'd be getting a little girl Jack Russell, and already settled on the name "Bailey". Sweet!

Two days later I was exchanging e-mails with another friend, Rachel (different set of friends - not acquainted with Anne). Rachel and I share puppy pictures all the time and she had a new one to show me. In addition to two Dachschunds and four boxers, she does foster/rescue work. Her newest rescue in need of a good home was a little girl that we think is a MinPin mix with maybe some Chihuahua in there too - black and tan markings like a MinPin, and small. Thing was, when Rachel sent me pictures of her new girl, they were all titled, "Bailey".

I immediately e-mailed Anne. "I know you aren't really ready yet and I know she's not a Jack Russell, but look at these pictures! Look at that sweet little face! I believe in signs, and the name is too much of a coincidence to ignore. I think you need this little girl." Many e-mails have flurried about between the three of us and the two of them.

A plan was formed: Rachel and her fam would come over to hang out and then we'd go see Anne in her latest play. Bailey came too, to hang out with my dogs and have an important audition herself. She met Anne and company, and there was playing, the giving of treats and the exchange of puppeh kisses.

There has been a decision! Anne is picking Bailey up from Rachel tomorrow evening! I am very happy about this. A pet who needed a good home is getting a great one and someone that I think really needed a doggeh is getting a great one. I truly believe it was portentous that Rachel happened to name her latest foundling the very name Anne had chosen for her future dog. And I get the happiness of orchestrating a happy ending - or at least setting it into motion. And the fun of hanging out with lots of wonderful friends and seeing a great performance, but mostly the pet-matchmaking!

5 Comments:

  • Such a matchmaker! :) It's a heartwarming story. ::Sigh:: Puppeh love makes the world go round.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 10:10 PM  

  • so so nice! Yeay for homes for new puppies! :)

    Do your amazing matchmaking capacities only work for puppies? hehehe

    By Anonymous Inna, at 6:05 PM  

  • So it seems - I'm a Puppeh Yenta. For people matchmaking, people need Nancy. She found me the most wonderful, sweet, loving and handsome husband EVAH!!!

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:58 PM  

  • That is a wonderful story!! Now you know how I feel. :-) Oh, I dreamed I was at your house, except I was talking to you on the phone about Ferrell's - the ice cream place - and I was reminiscing about their birthday cake, and you happened to have one, which Alan brought me to sample, but before I knew what I'd done, I'd eaten the whole entire cake, and I was MORTIFIED.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 10:13 PM  

  • Nancy, that dream is HILARIOUS! Come over and eat all our Ferrell's cake anytime!

    By Blogger Helly, at 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home