The Hellhole

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hmmm...this is interesting. Alan's mom phoned today to say that they'd seen a story on the local news (we looked for a link at the TV station's website and that of the Augusta Chronicle but were unsuccessful) about how there had been an absolute profusion of car break-ins/thefts at a whole bunch of Augusta hotels this weekend. Multiple incidents at multiple locations, most on Saturday night.

We'd assumed that either we'd forgotten to lock my car or that maybe Alan had hit the unlock button on the key fob rather than the lock/arm button, and thus his GPS and my sunglasses had been snatched more as a crime of opportunity than anything. This puts a different perspective on matters. If it were an actual organized group of experienced thieves, who knew how to disarm my car alarm, perhaps Alan did lock the car as usual, and when they broke in - however it was done, it wasn't like a window was broken or the convertible top slashed - maybe knew how to disarm my car alarm, yanked or cut some wires perhaps. That would explain my car's sudden, mysterious ailment, as the remote keyless entry, locks, alarm and other non-functioning components are all on the same circuit.

Hmmm.




And here is a puppy. He is nomming his nylabone.






Oh! Writing of puppehs, I don't think I mentioned that on the Thursday before our weekend trip, I came home to find: a pale pink retractable leash on the counter, a pale pink harness on Esme, who was also sporting a pale pink collar with faux diamonds, and a little tiny black heart-shaped tag with a pink iridescent outline, which had a pink cursive iridescent "Diva" on one side and on the other, "ESME" and Alan's cell phone number engraved in gold.



Ahem.










One last puppeh picture, and to all a good night.


Is there anything cuter than a sleeping puppeh? Besides two sleeping puppehs, I mean?

4 Comments:

  • so so cute and snuggly!!! I'd totally want one if I had time to walk it and all. :)

    The non-linked article does explain a lot about the stolen stuff. Its always nice to have an explanation when weirdness happens.

    By Anonymous Inna, at 10:44 PM  

  • Oh, Alan's no trouble at all! You hardly ever have to walk him and he's pretty obedient. And yes, quite snuggly.

    :-)

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:09 AM  

  • Pink and it said "Diva"? She's a puppy after my own heart. The cuteness overwhelms!

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 8:32 AM  

  • Awww. I love that last picture.

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home