The Hellhole

Friday, July 31, 2009

Today was a good day. It was a good day from start to finish, nothing terrible happened, no bad news - something funny, something sweet/nice and something very good happened instead. It was a good day.

Something funny: a cow-irker was coming by to pick up the payroll for one of The Boss's companies. She is female (obv.), white, short - about 5'1" - and of very petite build. She drives a silver Acura MDX. You can't get into my building without picture security badges so when she's picking stuff up from me, she always pulls into this covered turn-around in front of my building, then calls to tell me she's downstairs. So today after she phoned, I headed for the elevator, went bopping outside, trotted around the back of the silver Acura MDX pulled up right at the curb, and thrust the sheaf of checks through the open driver's side window - right into the face of a very startled, tall and burly black man. Who was not my cow-irker, was in fact the polar opposite of her in every material way.

"EEEP!" he yelped, startled, which startled me so I yelped right back.

He stared at me. "You aren't my cow-irker!" I pointed out. I am sure this observation was enlighteningly helpful to him.

"I think that's her over there," he said, pointing to a silver Acura MDX parked several feet away.

"Oh - your car's just like hers!" Really, I have a dizzying intellect.

"I noticed that when she drove by," he replied.

"Well, sorry - sure you don't want our payroll?" I offered.

"Sure, I'll take it!" he laughed. But I gave it to Cow-Irker anyway. I'm contrary like that.

Something nice/sweet: a couple weeks ago, I bought a new nail polish. I wanted a shade that was just barely pale pink enough not to be clear but once I had it on, it didn't look like I expected. It looked kinda like I'd polished my nails with diluted White-Out. Once my manicure was finished, though, I was too tired to stay up late enough to re-do it all, so I left it. At work the next day, I had to take some company deposits to the bank and was chatting to the teller, a very nice lady named Annie. I complimented her nail polish, which was exactly the look I'd been aiming for, and showed her mine, explaining that I'd tried for the same look and failed. Today when I took the deposits, I wound up at the teller next to Annie. She finished with her customer, saw me and said, "Oh! I'm glad you came in today! Here you go, precious!" She'd been to the beauty supply store, remembered that I liked her shade and bought me a bottle of her polish! She refused my attempts to pay her for it and said it was her pleasure! How sweet is that?!?

Something very good: because, truly, there can be nothing more interesting on the internet than discussions of my Lady Parts - on 21 July I had my second follow-up appointment to my surgery (which was in January) and today I got my test results. Normal! Normal NORMAL NORMAL! So my almost-brush with almost-cancer is almost-over. I don't have to report back for six months.

Then we went to buy a few groceries, had dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant and now I'm having a nice cold glass of Riesling. It was a good day.

6 Comments:

  • that really was a wonderful day! :)

    By Anonymous Inna, at 9:54 PM  

  • Yay!

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

  • Sounded like a perfect day! I loved the cow-irker incident. :-)

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:44 PM  

  • Yay! Normal lady parts! W00t!

    What type of nail polish is it? Link?

    In other news, the security password for my comment is Drottell. I think that's a pretty name, don't you? I think I'll name my daughter Drottell. After Maude, Charlotte, Alice, and Sophie.

    By Anonymous Heather, at 7:39 PM  

  • Is Opi nail polish - my mom loves Opi and for Christmas (among other things) gave me a bag of several polishes but not this one, which is called bubble bath. Sorry for link length, to lazy to...do the thing, with the stuff, that makes the linkage...but I totally think you should name your daughter Drottell. Our fictional daughter is named Alanna, for her father and stuff.

    http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Nail-Polish-Bubble-Bath/dp/B000CECSAO

    By Blogger Helly, at 9:27 PM  

  • Glad the Lady Parts are normal and any day that ends with a cold glass of Reisling is a good day.

    I don't mind long links, I somehow mised the tinyurl memo. All of a suddent it started to pop up everywhere and I wondered why that domain had such a random collection of articles.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home