The Hellhole

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yesterday I went to the Blind Willie McTell Blues Festival. The main reason I was there was to see Hubert Sumlin. Unless you're a hard-core blues aficionado you probably don't know the name Hubert Sumlin, but if I were to tell you he was the guitar player for Howlin' Wolf and Muddy Waters, I bet that would ring a few bells.

My brother-in-law went back to the perfomers' tent to talk to him - they are acquaintances. I'm so very glad I got to see one of the last living legend bluesmen - besides the hugeass ginourmous talent, he's a really REALLY nice man. I forgot my camera (stupidhead!) but my father-in-law lent me his, so pics of the festival are here.

1 Comments:

  • Sumlin rules. One of the best tracks on Eric Sardinas's debut album "Treat Me Right" is a rendition of "Rollin' and Tumblin'" which has Sumlin dueling Sardinas. Dueling bluesmen is a hell of a lot better than dueling banjoes, let me tell you.

    cheers,
    Phil

    By Blogger Phil C., at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home