The Hellhole

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This is not a funny story, but one of those that should be filed under my everlasting query, "Does this happen to anyone but me?"

Back on 1 April I had to send a letter to a client. This was nothing bad that he'd want to refuse, like say an eviction notice. Between conversations and e-mail, we'd already agreed upon everything in the letter anyway; the piece of paper was merely making everything official. So, I did the letter, scanned a copy which I e-mailed him, handed the original over to FedEx and thought no more of it.

Until today, that is, when I received a FedEx delivery: my original FedEx envelope which had another airbill stuck on top of it, sending the letter unopened back to me.

?????????????????

If it was misdelivered, why return it to me? It's more trouble and expense than simply placing it back in the FedEx system for delivery. If it got to the guy's company, why not give it to him? I can think of no motivation for someone to complete an airbill and pay for FedEx to return the letter to me unopened.

1 Comments:

  • The world is populated by idiots. I am shocked we have managed to evolve this far.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home