The Hellhole

Monday, February 02, 2009

Well, The Parseghian Principle failed yesterday but while disappointed, I am not disheartened. It has been right far more often than wrong, and I shall adhere to my beliefs. It's a good Principle.

Since yesterday mostly involved couching, cross-stitching and desultory tv-viewing, I have an observation. Say you have a bank of cable movie channels and you're offering an unlocked free weekend in hopes of enticing more people to subscribe to your service pack. In that circumstance, it might be prudent, not to mention a shrewd marketing maneuver, to air rather more appealing offerings than "Bio-Dome" and "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective". I'm just sayin'.

2 Comments:

  • Your 'cable movie channel' comment made me think of this: 'As a loyal customer [my satellite provider] is giving you 3 free months of ShowTime movie channels!'
    I was so excited, thinking of all the neato movies I would watch, for free....not so! These channels seem to run the same movies all day, every day. One has offered "Rocky Balboa" daily, non-stop, since the beginning. There are several others, none of which were familiar, and quite a few I KNEW I didn't want to waste time on....

    sigh

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:06 PM  

  • tee hee! Yes, yes, yes!!! Not that I am one to gloat but - look at me, look at me right now! Nope this isn't some sort of fit I'm throwing, nope my underwear isn't too tight, this is my dance! My dance of victory!!

    Oh, I'm a good loser but I am unbearable when I win!!!

    Go Steelers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home