The Hellhole

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Only in Georgia: Only in Georgia would our premier news station, WSB radio, the flagship news station of the entire southeast, broadcast the President's State of the Union address on tape delay, following UGA basketball. I mean, I could understand a delay for something IMPORTANT, like football. But hoops?!? Besides that, the Basketdawgs suck! That is, they suck this year. Maybe they suck every year - I don't know, because basketball is teh stoopit.

Politics and issues aside, what I don't like about the State of the Union address is that it's more overexposed than Paris Hilton. For days upon days prior to the address, the dominant news story everywhere is various newspeople and pundits telling us all about what the Prez is gonna say and the ramifications thereof. Then we hear him say it (some of us later than others, 'tis true) and then all the news for the rest of the evening and days afterward is people telling us what he said. Guess what? I speak English, I listened, I KNOW what he said. I don't need anchorpersons and political analysts and commentators telling me what he said. So give it a rest already, and get on with the IMPORTANT news stories. Like UGA football. Yesterday was signing day, for god's sake!

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • The Goddess gets a AMEN on the speech comments, and another AMEN on the important news - Signing Day!
    AMEN! and AMEN again, oh Enlightened One.

    MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

    Only 31 more days!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home