The Hellhole

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

It’s a multiple holiday today! I can’t even believe I’m working. First of all, it’s my mom’s birthday! Happy birthday, Mom! Second of all, it’s my boyfriend’s birthday! Happy birthday, Alan! Thirdly, it’s Burns Night which means that back in 1759, it was Bobby Burns’s birthday, too! Happy birthday, Bobby! And last but not least, January 25th this year falls upon the last Tuesday in January, which means it’s a wonderful little holiday quite near and dear to yours truly: Up-Helly-Aa! No, it wasn’t named for me; I don’t have my own holiday - YET - it was the other way ‘round. Here’s another great article on Up-Helly-Aa, thanks to Lachele.

Tonight, Alan and I are meeting the rents for a nice steak dinner at Bugaboo Creek (the one by Stonecrest Mall, 7:00 PM. Come one, come all! My dad’s buyin’! Heh. Serves him bloody well right for not reading my blog.). At present, there are no plans to set any longships afire. Notice that I’m not definitively saying we won’t, I’m just saying we haven’t planned on it. YET.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for the Birthday Wishes! And I add my good wishes to Bobby Burns (who is actually older than I, and with whom I DID NOT go to school...)

    In honor of Up-Helly-Ah - I am bringing the torches. (well, actually, it's the candles on my cake but...)
    Longships BEWARE!

    MONTOYA DELENDA EST! Only 39 more days!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 PM  

  • Yes, I know it's Up-Helly-AA and not 'AH' but I made a mistake....sorry
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home