The Hellhole

Friday, October 29, 2004

Lurch The Creepy Maintenance Man took advantage of my absence today by coming up and intimidating Sheila into letting him "fix" our doorknob. Our doorknob was in perfect working order before he fixed it, and also aesthetically pleasing. The doorknob is an elongated brass oval, and it USED TO point up and down, parallel to the doorknob in the other door panel and like every other one in the building. Now, however, it points sideways. It’s also very difficult to turn. I know he only did this so he could come back up and re-fix the fix, when we complained. Stupid Lurch.

I wasn’t able to protect our office from wanton, unabated doorknob-tampering because I was at Dailey’s enjoying a leisurely Friday let’s-talk-football lunch with the World’s Greatest Boss. I treated him to lunch, but since doing so involved me putting it on the gold card he gave me, which is charged to his own company, it wasn’t all that magnanimous a gesture.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

    HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!

    Lurch has a crush on you or Sheila or both...ya'll watch yourselves!

    My granddog, SprocketRocket hero pup has been visiting with me this week past. We have had such a good time! He and 'the big boys' (my two dogs) had played really well together, sharing chewtoys, treats, and cats equally among themselves. The boys went trick-or-treating (under my watchful eye!) last night. Sprocket was a little upset, as his mother forgot to pack his costume, but we improvised a 'pirate disguise' using a Halloween-themed, small bandanna which covered his head and one eye, like a patch. As no one in my neighborhood really knows the Hero Pup, it was a good disguise and a good time was had by all. I think he's beginning to miss his mother but he is being such a good boy; it is a joy to have him visit.

    Sprocket's grandmother

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home