The Hellhole

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Slightly dissatisfied today...I want to change the template on my blog but of the ones available, I (a) don't like the layout or (b) one or more of the blogs I read regularly already uses it. I wish I knew HTML so I could make my own layout. But I don't.

I had quite an adventure yesterday, in addition to the voting excitement with Fainted Girl, but I can't post about it because doing so would severely violate someone else's privacy. I did well, though. This consumed much of my evening, so I have no other topics.

The Red Sox won the World Series. I have nothing against the city or the team (I don't follow baseball, particularly) but in a way I was kinda sad that they won. I very much liked the idea of The Curse of The Bambino - not that the BoSox are cursed, necessarily, just the idea of Babe Ruth, the legend of legends of the sport, still having a say in who won the World Series in this day and age. His shadow looming long, so to speak. Ah, well.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • I quite agree with you regarding the Curse of the Bambino. Babe Ruth was so 'bigger than life' it made me feel 'connected' in some way - that, as you say, the greatest of them all still influenced the game today. Besides, I just pure hate the damn Sox. I'm not fond of the Cards, but better them than the Sox. However, being a fan, I DID watch and how the Cards got to the series will remain a mystery to me.

    Last night, the dogs and I watch a Hallmark presentation of 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow'. It did not have Johnny Depp (boo! hiss!) but was quite well done. I recall reading the book/story in school, and even the dialogue was pretty faithful to the written word. I enjoyed the program - recalling, while I watched, going to the 'picture show' on the Saturday closest to Halloween to see the cartoon 'Ichabod Crane' (which featured Bing Crosby as the voice of schoolmaster Crane) and 'The Wind in the Willows' which was a cartoon treatment of a portion of that wonderful book - this featuring Toad and his obsession with motorcars. That was always a really fun adventure (we wore costumes we created ourselves) and a treat! Admission was only ten cents if you were in costume!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home