The Hellhole

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Hmmm...rather fragmented blog today...what's got my interest at the moment is that the painting "The Scream" by Edvard Munch has been stolen. What I find most interesting is that there are four Screams. I had always assumed that when one painted a masterpiece, there was just the one, but Munch painted four. The museum has two...er, well, one at the moment, one’s at Oslo in the National Gallery and a private collector has the other. I wonder what the thieves will do with it. I’m not gonna buy it, not because of my high moral standards, but because of the lack of bragging rights. If I had tons of money, what would keep me from buying a stolen artwork or two is that I couldn’t brag to my friends about owning it. I think I move in too well-educated a circle. Given my friends, I’m sure that if I had Wheat Field With A Lark hanging on the living room wall, sooner or later one of them would say, "Hey, doesn’t that belong in Amsterdam?!? Put that back!"

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

2 Comments:

  • Here's my official entry to the weird on ebay contest:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=324&item=5514171547&rd=1

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:10 PM  

  • Checked out Nancy's contest entry..imho, it's all over.
    She should win, hands down!

    helly's momma

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home