The Hellhole

Thursday, March 04, 2004

ANOTHER PS2 controller bites the dust. No, I didn’t get mad and fling it, although one or two controllers have met their demise that way. The other day I caught my foot in the cord, thus yanking it off the top of the television but it fell on the carpet, so I’m not really sure what the dealio is. As of last night it won’t vibrate, though, and this is a necessary function with Silent Hill 3 because the vibration is the only thing that tells you when your character’s health is getting low. This is really getting on my nerves. As best I can remember, I had to replace one PS1 controller the entire time I had that console. This will be my 5th or 6th replacement controller for the PS2 and I’ve had it just over a year. One of them broke (quit vibrating and you had to push the buttons uber-hard to get them to work) when Sprocket came running through the living room, caught his paws in the cord, yanked it out of my hands and sent it soaring - literally - and it hit the kitchen floor. Which, yeah, there was more force involved than just dropping it and it hit tile instead of carpet, but still - you’d think they’d be a little more durable than that. Grrr. Just...grrr.

Things I absolutely could not care less about: the Martha Stewart verdict, Janet Jackson’s boob, NBA basketball, college basketball, Paris Hilton’s sex tape...although apparently quite a lot of people feel I should be interested in Paris Hilton’s sex tape as offers to view/purchase it comprise most of my e-mail these days...oh, and reality television shows. There is far, far too much reality in my life already; from television I expect entertainment and escapes from reality.

Speaking of escapes from reality - who lives in a pineapple under the sea??? Here are some of my favorite Spongebob quotes.

You used me....for land development! That wasn’t nice! - Spongebob

Narrator: Every day is a holiday for Spongebob, even if he has to make one up.
Spongebob: Happy Leif Erikson Day! Hinga dinga dergen!

Besides, I have checks with little poodles on them. - ManRay the Super Villain

Well, I’m sorry THAT didn’t kill me. - Squidward

Open sesame! Well, I’ve done all I could. - Patrick, trying to open a door

Goodbye, everyone. I’ll remember you all in therapy. - Plankton

Just look at him. Square. The shape of evil. - Plankton

Talking about a baby scallop:
Spongebob: It can’t even fly yet!
Patrick: Is it stupid?
Spongebob: No, it’s just a baby.

I’m sorry, Major Stupidity, but you and General Nonsense will have to carry on without me. - Squidward

Sandy: ....there’s nothing you can say that’s gonna stop me!
Spongebob: What if I said ‘blargen fadiddle nachen’?
Sandy: Well, I gotta admit that’s slowed me down.

I can’t believe anybody would celebrate a holiday where a jolly prowler breaks into your house and leaves gifts. - Squidward

Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on some planets! - Spongebob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home