The Hellhole

Friday, February 20, 2004

Nancy sent around an interesting e-mail quiz so today I'm posting that, with my answers.

1. What was your last dream about, that you remember? Last night I dreamed that I was at the beach in Florida; there was a large parking deck next to the luxury hotel where I was staying so I pulled in there to leave my car. I had all sorts of weird only-in-dreams problems trying to get out of said parking deck, like there weren’t elevator stops on every floor, so you had to use the stairs to get to a floor that had elevator doors, but some of the stairs were only accessible certain ways. I wound up in the basement at one point with security guards yelling at me (guests weren’t supposed to be on the office floor or something), and met up with this businesswoman who was angry that it was so damn hard to get out of the parking deck…eventually we made it out together and this weird goth chick who was living on a mattress on the beach (?) started following my new businesswoman friend around yelling abuse of the “bourgeois pig” variety at her. No idea where this stuff comes from…

2. Do you dream in color? Yep.

3. What's your most common anxiety dream theme (i.e., being lost, being late, missing an exam, being naked in public, etc.)? In the dream I just related, I wasn’t anxious about being lost in the parking deck, just frustrated and bordering on irritated. I guess as far as anxiety dreams, it would be that I often dream that I am unable to dial the telephone. Not necessarily emergencies where I can’t dial 911, but I’m trying to call someone and even though I know I need to hit, say, 6, I invariably hit the wrong key, have to hang up and try again – over and over.

4. What's the last non-essential item you purchased? I try to limit my purchases to only the non-essential...seriously, a pink sapphire and marcasite ring that I saw at Dillard’s while shopping for my mom’s birthday gift.

5. If you could only save one material item from your burning house, what would it be? (No pets or humans are harmed in this scenario.) The first thing I typed was “my Jimmy Page signature Les Paul guitar” but upon further reflection, this is a really hard question! I think about things I prize, such as my library of books, my CD collection, certain pieces of jewelry, but those things can, at least theoretically, be replaced. AAAAAG! I don’t know! In reality, I’d probably wind up saving something totally stupid like a spoon, because I’d stand in the burning house dithering over what to save just like I’ve been doing for the last hour! But in theory, either the guitar or my Ayrton Senna poster that Bo brought me from Italy, which Mom & Dad had framed (in mahogany, no less).

6. If you could give a whole bunch of money to just one charity, which one would you choose? One of those small, private no-kill animal shelters.

7. If you could have any job (regardless of your qualifications for it) what would it be? RACE CAR DRIVER.

8. If you got exiled and could live anywhere else is the world, where would you go? Turks and Caicos Islands.

9. You've got to break a law. Which one? Grand larceny. I’ve always thought I’d be really good at that.

10. Who was your first star crush? James Dean. Still is, actually.

11. Most embarrassing star crush? Hmmm…I’m not particularly embarrassed by any of them; perhaps it’s kind of embarrassing that my star crushes are mostly dead people (James Dean, Ayrton Senna). OOH! I know! Oscar Wilde! I have a crush on a dead homosexual! That’s humiliating!

12. What's your favorite vice? Gosh, just one? Sloth, I’m big on sloth, but gluttony is a lot of fun too…then there’s lust, can’t beat lust, except with greed (because after all, one can be greedy about lust)...I suppose gluttony would be my favorite because I love gourmet foods, exotic nibbles, fine wine and single-malt Scotch.

13. If you could design your own house, what would distinguish it from other houses? I want one of those awful, beat-up deserted warehouses with the broken-paned windows all boarded up. On the outside, I’d leave it looking exactly like that, but on the inside it would be totally luxurious, with large rooms, lofty ceilings (we’d have room for this because of converting an old warehouse) and lots of open space. I’d want a drive-in garage on the basement level so my friends and I could drive right in instead of leaving our cars on the city street. After all, I presume I’d live in a bad neighborhood.

14. If you could be a groupie (or band-aid!) for any band, which one would you throw your life away for? Eminem. I likes ‘em young and BAD.

15. If you won some bizarre lottery that offered free and unlimited cosmetic surgery for life, what part of your body would you leave well enough alone? My hair. And if hair doesn’t count as a body part, my nose. I’ve never really disliked my nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home