The Hellhole

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

There are times when I am truly amazed that there is a strand of fur left on my dog. I just vacuumed on Sunday, but when I got home from work last night (Tuesday) I could take my foot, scuff it across the carpet and roll up HUGE balls of dog hair. So I vacuumed again but I’m sure I’ll be able to do the hairball trick again tonight. Fur was also all over the throw pillows and the love seat. I thought he was supposed to shed in the summer. Sigh.

Formula One season starts this weekend! Woo-hoo! I think Michael Schumacher is going to win an unprecedented SEVENTH driver’s championship title this year. Not that I don’t think there are some talented drivers out there (Kimi Raikkonen, Nick Heidfeld), not that I don’t think some teams look pretty solid (McLaren, Renault), not that I’m such a rabid tifosi that I refuse to admit any other possibility - rather, it’s that I don’t see anyone else having the overall package of experience, speed, reliability, aerodynamics, driver talent and pit expertise that Ferrari does - or at least enough of any combination of those things to stop the Schumy/Ferrari juggernaut. I am going to my parents F-1 Season Opener party on Saturday - the race is Saturday night instead of the usual Sunday morning because of it being at Albert Park in Australia. Anyone who’s reading this is invited, too - all both of you.

Here is a list of what some of us gave up for Lent, and how we’re doing:

Jason: cursing (I could have told him with the ad panel installations that we have going on right now, that one wasn’t gonna last. He made it to Friday.)
Sheila: cake, candy, cookies and pie (I said, “So, you gave up sweets,” but she pointed out that it leaves pudding. Small comfort if you ask me but I’m sure Bill Cosby’s proud. She’s going strong.)
Cheryl: red meat (Hanging in there, despite Abdi’s taunting her with his ‘big thick juicy steak’ comments.)
Helly: chocolate (Not a whisper of a problem thus far, but we’ll see how I fare when That Week approaches. You women know what week I mean.)

FORZA FERRARI!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home