The Hellhole

Monday, May 25, 2015

I've been neglecting Ye Olde Blogge again but this time I have an excuse - well, two excuses.  One is that May is a very busy month for us under normal circumstances, with Mothers' Day, family reunion for Alan's maternal side, shopping and cooking for both of those events, our anniversary, opening the pool for summer - and this year we had other activities as well - a Todd Rundgren concert, Rush concert tomorrow night.  My second excuse is that a few months ago, I did something horrible to my sweet little Mac, which it in no way deserved:  I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Yosemite.  Yosemite is slower than maple syrup on a Vermont winter morning; it takes 3 - 4 minutes to load just freaking Google.  I hate you, Yosemite; I hate you with the fiery white-hot heat of ten thousand suns.  I even called the genius bar to ask if I brought it in, would they be able to banish Yosemite and install an actually workable OS.  They said yes but I've been too busy to deal with it.  I'd been complaining, but I don't think Alan believed me; he knows I hate and fear change and I think he figured I'd get over it eventually, after I'd done enough bitching (which is usually the case).  Then his co-worker Mo upgraded and started ranting about how slow and awful Yosemite was.  Like Alan, Mo is in the computer industry and I was therefore vindicated, but remain incredibly frustrated trying to do anything on my Mac.

So that's why I'm remiss in uploading lots of pictures from several visits (yes, plural) to the Atlanta Botanical Garden.  Alan and I are truly loving having a membership there.  On Mothers' Day we took Mom, and my brother and his wife drove down from Greenville to join us.  We had two guest passes, so Bo and Sarah got in free as well.  We wandered around for hours, then had a late lunch at Fado's Irish Pub -  it was a great day for all.

MOM!




This reflecting pool and the stairway fountain below are new.



Mom and Sarah

Mom and Bo



The Fuqua Orchid House has a new section of desert succulents.

And orchids of course.

The Gaia is my favorite thing.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, she was down for
maintenance.  I nearly flung myself into the reflecting pool
prostrate with grief.


Then we were back at the garden last Friday night for dinner at the cafe there - cheese plate and charcuterie platter, YUM!!! and Bruce Munro's night of lights art installation.

It was incredibly beautiful.
When it came to this exhibit, our iPhones took better
pictures than my DSLR.






This dome changed through a rainbow of colors, but the
best shot I got happened when it was clear.





Not part of the garden - the flowers
 I received for our anniversary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home