The Hellhole

Monday, January 19, 2015

Several years ago, my phone rang and it was The Boss.  He said, utterly without preamble and completely devoid of context, "Hey, what kind of soup do I like?"  I suppose it says something about the longevity or the closeness of our relationship that I didn't even need it narrowed down to a specific cuisine before I answered, "Hot and sour soup.  And you want fried won ton strips."  The client placed the catering order and all was well.

Subsequently, I found a FANTASTIC recipe for hot and sour soup (email me if you want it; it's truly fabulous) and when I make it, I usually bring him a few containers of individual servings.  Today, I took advantage of my day off to make a Crock-Pot of lovely soup, and I emailed The Boss.  "I am making Chinese soup today if you want any."



He replied, "Is that pints or quarts?  I need to know which cooler to bring."




My boss is a Chinese soup pig.



In other sports news, my Chinese soup recipe requires organic tofu.


As opposed to what, exactly?!? Man-made plastic tofu?!?


Errgh, honestly.


(My dog says he wants, and I should use, bacon tofu.  I don't think he gets the point.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home