The Hellhole

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It occurs to me that I haven't updated you guys on the story of Kismet, the little kitty Anne and I rescued. We were not successful in finding her a forever home and both husbands were against granting her even prolonged visitor status, so I begged and begged my mom to foster her. I shed actual tears (as opposed to for-dramatic-effect tears, which I'm pretty good at, but the real kind I don't do very much). I promised to subsidize vet bills and continue our adoption efforts. Mom whined, "But that just won't work! Even if the boys [her two dogs] don't hurt her, I'll have her for two or three days and I'll get attached and I'll love her and even if you find someone who wants her, by then I won't give her up to anyone!"

I replied, "Yes, I know. Thus the basis of my cunning plan."

Mom hung up on me but after a few minutes she called back, relenting, but only for a while until Anne and I found Kismet a home. By the time I got the reminder card from my vet that Kismet needed her kitty booster vaccines, Mom had already bought Kismet dishes, a kitty bed, a scratching post, a better litterbox than I provided and some toys. I think I'd get my eyes clawed out, and not by a kitty, if I tried to place her elsewhere. YES! SUCCESS!

I'll post new pictures next time we hang out at Mom's.

3 Comments:

  • Kismet has been a total joy...I knew I missed having a muss, but not how much...

    Thanks, Hel & Anne

    love,
    mom +3

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

  • I'm so glad to hear Kismet found a mom!

    By Blogger Topcat, at 12:28 PM  

  • I'm glad it worked out, too!
    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home