The Hellhole

Monday, September 19, 2011

Our front room a little bit, and our garage a lot, is full of construction implements and tools and supplies - drywall, insulation, tile, grout mix, sharp metal things I'm not allowed to touch. Thus far during the renovation process I've been very good about not running over anything and damaging a precious Pole Position tyre but Friday when I arrived home, I ran over a piece of drywall. I caught my mistake quickly and while most of the piece was intact, a corner was shattered into dust. After ascertaining that I hadn't damaged the Hellmobile, I went inside and told Alan what had happened.

He looked shocked. "Have you told Matt?" he asked. "What did Matt say?"

Well, no, I hadn't because I was worried that Matt would be angry with me, but I bravely trooped up front and confessed to him what I'd done.

"WHAT?!?!" he shrieked. "That was my MOST CRITICAL piece of drywall!!!!"

His outrage was palpable, yet he was totally kidding. Gawd, I love Matt. (and his wife and his kidlets. They're great too.)

1 Comments:

  • Helly, I would NEVER consider you a stalker. We're refrigerator and Quick Book buddies! Thank you for the kind remark about my backyard photo. I really am very happy, now that my days are pretty much of my own making. This retirement thing is pretty darn nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home