The Hellhole

Saturday, August 20, 2011

I do some boneheaded things sometimes, as regular readers or people who know me personally will attest. Today after errands, I was bustling about the kitchen putting our groceries away - cabinet, fridge, fruit bowl, vegetable basket, repeat. For no discernible reason (even to me) I put Alan's new stick of underarm deodorant into the refrigerator and left the sour cream on the counter, for placement in the hall closet momentarily.

Back at the fridge to put all the cheeses into the cheese drawer, I noticed what I'd done and removed it. Alan observed this from across the room.

"That would be way too cold in the morning! Why did you do that, sweetie?"

"[not wanting to admit I'm a dumbass] To teach you a lesson!"

"A lesson?"

"Yes! I don't know what lesson that might be, but it would definitely teach you one!"

"Um...okay?"

"I mean, that'll show you!"

"I can see that there is definitely a lesson to be learned here. I'm not sure what it is, but it would certainly be a learning experience."

"Yes! My point exactly!"

"Because I said so! I'll give you something to cry about! Because I'm the parent, that's why! You'll know better next time! Don't look at me in that tone of voice! Don't make me stop this car!"

1 Comments:

  • You'll shoot your eye out!
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home