The Hellhole

Saturday, August 20, 2011

We have just returned home from Bed, Bath & Beyond where I purchased all new hardware for the master bathroom and bedroom (for shower rod, towel rods, TP holder, bedroom curtains and the like). I am installing same.

"ALAN! ALLLLLL-AN! Do you have a drill? It says I need a five-sixteenths drill bit! To drill a hole!"

Alan: No, I don't have a drill anymore. It died, remember? But I'm sure Matt does.

(Matt is renovating the front bathroom and many of his tools are in our garage and front room. Alan goes about searching, I go to the garage and obtain a ball peen hammer).

Me [singsong]: Never mind, it's okay, I don't need a drill anyway. Total superfluousness.

Alan, seeing me walk industriously by carrying a hammer: Oh God. Just kill me now.

2 Comments:

  • I (heart) Alan, and SOOOO understand!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • Hah! I've heard the expression, "when the need arises, any tool becomes a hammer." Apparently a hammer can also become any tool . . .

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home