The Hellhole

Monday, July 25, 2011

This is my favorite song of the moment. Alan likes Wilco very much; in fact, they may be either his favorite band or his favorite band other than Radiohead. We went to see them perform in Montgomery back in May, and have tickets for an Atlanta show coming up in September. While I think the band is extraordinarily talented (Glenn Kotche is a supremely great drummer!) and enjoyed the show very much, in general they're a bit too mellow for my taste. But when they perfom live, they rock harder so I like those versions more. This is my other favorite of theirs. Alan likes "Impossible Germany".

I want to know, though, what on earth Mr. Tweedy means by, "Take off your Band-Aid because I don't believe in touchdowns". WTF?

At the show in Montgomery, he was clearly amused by something, then pointed out this fellow in the audience and said, "That guy looks just like my cousin Frosty!" The fact that someone has a Cousin Frosty is, in my opinion, truly awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home