The Hellhole

Sunday, August 07, 2011

A post...and a question.

OMG, this is AWFUL. As I may have mentioned, renovations are underway here at The Hellhole, and our front bathroom is totally gutted. I love our contractor, who is my brother Matt, and none of this is his fault, but still, the front bathroom is off limits. This leaves us with one other bathroom, which is a complete bathroom in the sense that it has a sink and a toilet and a...cleaning facility. But the thing is, it has a beautiful ivory-tiled shower stall but that's it - no tub.

I don't take showers. I never have. I do not like. Understand, I'm not stinky: I take baths. I take lots of baths, sometimes more than one per day, and I spend far more than one probably should on scented soaps and bubbles and oils....oh, the loveliness of a hot bubble bath with tons of scented bubbles and a glass of wine and a bath pillow and probably a candle - like in a movie probably starring Marilyn. I like it that way, so I baff, I don't shower. But right now, I have no choice so I've been stuck and - WHAT THE HELL. How do you chicks do this??? I mean, I'm forty-something and I've never had to shave my legs in any way other than, prop it on the side of the tub, soap it up and leisurely do one's grooming. Now, it's like put the leg up over my head on slippery tile and hope for the best, as I pray I don't fall down go boom, or bend over to get shot in the eye with jets of water, and not get the job done properly...really, WHAT THE HELL??? I'm not going to have a REAL bathtub for at least a couple more weeks, despite Matthew's best efforts, so how do I keep from becoming Bigfoot in the meantime???

How do you showering chicks cope? I need to know. Now, before I drown mah self.

6 Comments:

  • I face away from the spray, stand with one foot on the back edge of the tub & proceed, then switch legs. But I've never had just a free standing shower with no place to rest a raised foot... so I'm no help.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

  • I have a stand-alone shower with a little seat I can prop my foot on - easy-peasy. Before that I just propped it against the wall. But what I've never understood about tub-baths is how do you rinse off, since the water's already soapy?

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:51 PM  

  • Hmm. I guess I don't, really. IT RUBS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN!

    By Blogger Helly, at 11:46 AM  

  • I shave my legs at the same time I wash my hair. I just bend over and shave. It's really not that hard.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

  • But I keep getting shot right in the eyes with jets of hot water! Well, Matt put a new "rainshower" shower head on for me today so maybe that will improve matters.

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:15 PM  

  • Well, if you have a fancy-schmancy shower, then I have no solution! ;-0

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home