The Hellhole

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We will be leaving shortly to go to my mom's to enjoy the gastronomic bliss that is her cooking. Roast turkey, of course, homemade cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, corn, brown field peas, homemade yeast rolls, two kinds of gravy, at least two kinds of pie (usually apple and pecan, sometimes key lime too), relish tray...maybe deviled eggs. She usually makes deviled eggs but I'm not sure about this year, because although I like them, it's my brother who is the deviled egg pig. He will generally allow people to take one, but then appropriate the tray and growl menacingly if anyone approaches. He and his wife aren't coming this year; they're not actually going anywhere, but staying in for some much-needed rest and relaxation. I understand the need, all too well, though I'm sorry we won't be seeing them.

I hope all of you, friends and readers, have a safe, happy and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home