The Hellhole

Saturday, November 20, 2010

We had to go to the grocery store, as folk are wont to do, and one thing we needed was toilet bowl cleaner. Now, I hadn't bought toilet bowl cleaner in, like, three or four years, because the last time I needed some, I bought it either at Sam's Club or Costco where I had to buy it in the handy, dandy economical 86-pack. So, a little lost, I stared for a while at the part of the aisle where toilet bowl cleaner was located, trying to determine what I normally bought, what we needed, and what was most wallet and environmentally friendly.

We looked around, trying to decide what we usually used. The main choices were Lysol and Clorox, though there were many sub-genres and sub-choices among the two. One choice was "Country Fresh!" bathroom scent. This puzzled me. Wouldn't a 'country' smelling bathroom be...well, an outhouse? I don't want my bathroom to smell like that. That's kind of the whole point of indoor plumbing. We eventually chose - and by "we", I mean Alan - Clorox 'Rain Fresh' cleaner.

This still troubled me. "Well," I said, "That's all well and good if Miss Betty has just Cloroxed the bathrooms top to bottom, I guess, but I don't want them smelling like real Atlanta rain. As such."

"Don't be ridiculous," said Alan. "It will just smell nice, that clean sort of smell that means Miss Betty's been here. That's all."

"Hmpf. Well, okay, so long as it doesn't smell like outhouse."

3 Comments:

  • I miss 'Pine Sol' and the small that said Momma had been scrubbing/mopping that day.....I miss Momma.....

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

  • I love the smell of Clorox. However, my hubby cleans the toilets so I let him buy whatever toilet bowl cleaner he likes. He uses some blue stuff and a pumice stone when necessary.

    By Anonymous dkzody, at 7:00 PM  

  • I love the smell of Clorox, too!

    By Blogger Helly, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home